Get an energy boost by adding protein powder to easy-to-bake treats! These antioxidant-rich bites will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you full with a delicious dose of fiber.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 24 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup Simple Truth™ Unrefined Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup Simple Truth™ Coconut Sugar
- 1.5 oz. vanilla plant-based protein powder (I used “Garden of Life” organic plant-based protein powder)
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Finely Ground Almond Flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup hot water
- ½ cup Simple Truth™ Unsweetened Coconut Chips
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the coconut oil and coconut sugar together until smooth. Stir in the protein powder, almond flour and baking soda until evenly mixed. Stir in the boiling water and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the coconut chips, cocoa nibs and dried cherries.
- Press the dough together gently until it stays together and scoop tablespoons of the dough 1” apart on lined baking sheet. Press cookies to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and set up. Allow to cool 5 minutes on baking tray before transferring onto a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Tip: Cookies can be frozen if you want to keep them for longer than 3 days.
Per serving: Calories 80, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 30mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 5g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.