This salad with a sweet and sour dressing is just the thing for holiday entertaining.
Hands-on Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 2 clementines, segmented
- 2 stalks celery, thinly chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- Dash of pepper
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook the almonds and sugar, stirring constantly until the sugar is melted and coated onto the almonds. Allow to cool and break apart.
- For the sweet and sour dressing: mix all ingredients together in a salad shaker.
- Wash and cut the romaine lettuce into bite-size pieces, then set in a large bowl. Cut the avocado into small pieces and add to the lettuce. Peel the clementines and break into segments and add to the lettuce. Add the celery, green onion and sugared almonds.
- Toss with the sweet and sour dressing until well combined.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 150, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates 22g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 6g (24% DV), Sugars 15g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 190%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.