Shredded apple adds a touch of sweetness and makes these turkey burgers extra juicy. Sharp Cheddar and burger toppings keep them classic.
Hands-on Time: 10 min | Total Time: 25 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1¼ lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium apple, cored and shredded
- 2 Tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 onion slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 onion buns, split
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In medium bowl, combine turkey, apple, bread crumbs, mustard, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties, about ½” thick.
- Carefully brush vegetable oil on grill rack.
- Place patties on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 10-14 minutes, turning halfway, until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Top each patty with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce and a cheese slice; let stand on grill 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt.
- Place lettuce, burgers and onion slices in buns.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 490, Calories from Fat 190, Total Fat 22g (34% DV), Saturated Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 990mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates 40g (13% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 14g, Protein 37g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 25%, Iron 20%.