Chocolate candy bars with almonds make an easy topping for these thin but decadent (and SO easy to make) squares. Leftover candy never had it so good!
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 50 min. | Serves: 48 bars | Difficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups flaked (sweetened) coconut
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 bars (1.45 oz. each) chocolate with almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all crust ingredients. Press onto bottom of a 13”x9” baking pan and bake for 10 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- While crust is baking, in the same medium bowl stir together the coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour over hot, partially baked crust and continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set.
- Carefully place unwrapped candy bars on top of baked filling to cover entire surface. Continue baking for 4-5 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Spread chocolate over bars. Cool completely until chocolate is set, then cut into squares.
Per serving: Calories 90, Calories from Fat 45, Total Fat 5g (8% DV), Saturated Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 35mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 12g (4% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (3% DV), Sugars 9g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.