One tiny can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce goes a long way. Use a lot or a little to flavor these smoky quesadillas, then freeze leftovers in an ice cube tray for next time.
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large chicken breast, grilled and chopped (about 1 ½ cup)
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 10 - 9-Inch flour tortillas (sun-dried tomato and/or spinach)
- non-stick spray
For Sour Cream:
- 8 oz sour cream
- zest of one lime
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl mix red peppers, chicken, cilantro, and mozzarella together. Mix in about 3 tsp. or more, depending on how spicy you want it, of the adobo sauce from the canned chipotle.
- Heat a griddle pan under two burners under medium-low heat. Once it’s hot spray some non-stick spray on the griddle and add two tortillas. Let heat for one minute and flip. Gently spread cheese mixture (about 1 ½ cup) throughout each tortilla and let the cheese melt (about 2-3 minutes). With a spatula fold each tortilla into a half moon and press gently with the spatula. Cook for 1 minute on each side and remove. Let rest for 1 minute before cutting each tortilla into 4 wedges. Serve with lime sour cream
- For sour cream: Mix all of the ingredients together and serve in a small bowl.