Strawberries, brightly colored and plump, are the stars of the show for this enticing drink.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 1 hour | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 8 cups fresh strawberries, trimmed and halved
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 3¼ cups clear apple juice
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries plus additional for serving
- 2 cups plain sparkling water, chilled
- Combine the halved strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Cover and cool to room temperature.
- Press mixture, a little at a time, through a sieve, discarding solids.
- Place the strawberry “syrup” in a large pitcher and add the apple juice and sliced strawberries. Cover and chill up to 8 hours.
- To serve, stir in the sparkling water and serve in tall glasses with additional sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 170, Calories from Fat 5, Total Fat 0.5g (1% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 5mg (0% DV), Carbohydrates 42g (14% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 35g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 170%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.