Guinness adds smooth, creamy richness to luscious chocolate cake mix.
Hands-on Time: 40 min. | Total Time: 1 hour, 10 min. | Serves: 24 cupcakes | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted and cooled, plus ½ cup butter for frosting
- 1¼ cup Guinness Stout
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup Irish cream
- 3 cups Kroger® Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate sprinkles, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl add cake mix, eggs, butter and beer. Using an electric mixer beat on medium speed, about 2 minutes, until combined. Divide batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 16-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat together cream cheese, butter and Irish cream until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes. Roll edges in chocolate sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 250, Calories from Fat 120, Total Fat 13g (20% DV), Saturated Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 50mg (17% DV), Sodium 250mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates 29g (10% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 23g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.