This vegetable dish adds a little sweetness from maple syrup and juicy pomegranate seeds.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 60 min. | Serves: 5-8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 3 medium red potatoes, washed
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bottoms of the Brussels sprouts off, then cut in half. Cut potatoes to a similar size, about ½” pieces.
- Place Brussels sprouts and potatoes in an 8”x8” baking dish. Sprinkle red pepper flakes, salt and pepper over Brussels sprouts and potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook Brussels sprouts and potatoes for 40-50 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and drizzle the maple syrup over the Brussels sprouts and potatoes, then stir in the pomegranate seeds.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 110, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3.5g (5% DV), Saturated Fat 0.5g (2% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 90mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates 18g (6% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 6g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.