If you’re in need of a super quick and super tasty appetizer, then these pesto pinwheels are what you need. They’ll be a hit at any gathering.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 12 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lay out the dough onto parchment paper. Spread a thin layer of the basil pesto over the dough.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the basil pesto.
- Roll the dough into a tight log. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 1” rounds and lay pinwheels onto a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 110, Calories from Fat 50, Total Fat 6g (9% DV), Saturated Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates 10g (3% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.